Your royal Princess has arrived. With crumb cake.Goooood crumb cake. t’s quick fast and it’s soooooooooo buttery and delish. And you know Princess loves her butter. Oil stains on a dress? No problem.
So, this week and a half has been hectic. We were stuck in a hotel with NO internet. In this day and age, seriously?!!! I called the reception to see if they could try and fix it and the man on the line just screamed ‘ No interenty,No internety.’ I,being an adventurous princess decided to go downstairs and ask again.
The man at the reception had not shaved in days and reeked of tequila. Naturally, he was holding a bottle of it in his hands. As I walked by he chanted ‘Go to Mehico!’ ‘Internet is in Mehico! Go to Mehico,Go!’ and I just shallowed my Princess Pride and took my elevator ride back upstairs to go and write an angry review on TripAdvisor.
Crumb Cake……. the hotel at least did one thing right. Crumb Cake.So, I tried to recreate it. And it’s 30 times better.
This is a really moist,buttery cake. With a texture kick. The crunch on top and with all my recipes it is uber uber easy to make! Enjoy folks!
New York Style Crumb Cake
from Baked Bree
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, melted and cooled
- confectioners’ sugar
- Whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix together until the batter comes together.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Spread the batter evenly and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a bowl.
- Add the butter and mix until it forms large crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the batter.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Rotate the pan at least once during baking.
- It is going to be torture. Your kitchen is going to smell like vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. But you need to wait a little while before you devour this crumb cake. When the cake has cooled, dust confectioners’ sugar on top.
Now, let’s talk about something serious. Africa needs help. And a lot of it. Each of us has a moral duty to help those less fortunate. When I saw this petition on Change.Org I was shocked. Babies riding on Motorcycles? That’s horrifying. And the Government doesn’t want to stop it. They will only stop it if outside forces (media) are brought in. Millions of children die from either falling off the high speed machines or from the diseases riding with out an helmet can cause. Please visit this site and sign this petition, this girl needs our help, Africa needs our help.If you truly care about children’s safety sign this petition : http://www.change.org/petitions/road-safety-commision-of-oyo-state-babies-and-small-children-riding-on-okadas-mopeds-vespas-motorcycles?share_id=YipEwMmWyF
On a lighter note, there’s more to great food come soon(this week!) and my commenting giveaway is still open!
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow this blog via email! Twitter coming soon! Tweet 🙂
May all your baking adventures be sugary sweet and majestical,
The Teen Princess of Buttermilk Springs